- Interview with Jordi Carreras (video below).
- “DJs are scientists of music”.
- “Music is so important everywhere that there obviously has to be training in the world of DJing”.
- “When I got to know the philosophy of Tamarindo I was impressed and I didn’t hesitate for a second to come”.
- “If musically a venue does the same as all the other venues, you are no different. And Tamarindo and its musical line are different”.
The professional and musical dimension of Jordi Carreras has long since transcended to much broader levels than that of his DJ facet. A teacher and theoretician, he has been a key player in the creation of a regulated programme for the training of DJs at national level, a basic need that he has come to cover in collaboration with the Academia Plastic and which provides an academic curriculum and facilitates a career path for people who want to develop in a fast-growing sector. “Music is so important everywhere that there obviously has to be training in the DJ world,” he says.
His many facets within the industry include work with innovative musical applications, such as the integration of music into the brand identity systems of companies and organisations. For him, the “need to differentiate” is decisive, and music is a fundamental tool for defining the identity of any company.
Jordi Carreras is a musician in the broad, contemporary sense of the term. In his last visit to Tamarindo, he gave an interview in which he spent some time talking about his career and his projects, a conversation in which he left some extremely valuable reflections.